Last updated: 15/05/2020
Cocotec Limited (“Cocotec”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to privacy compliance and to earning our users’ (“you”, “your”, “me”, “my”) trust.
To earn that trust, we aim to be transparent and ensure you understand our privacy practices including the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your personal information.
1. Who is Cocotec?
We are a software company specialising in building automated software verification tools for developers across different sectors. We are responsible for making decisions about how your personal information is processed (the “controller”).
2. Who does this Privacy Notice apply to?
This Privacy Notice applies to the cocotec.io website and our services, which are operated by us.
3. What information does Cocotec collect about me?
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- Account and contact details: When you create an account or an account is created on your behalf by your employer, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your name and email address.
- Customer service: If you contact our customer service team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction.
Information we receive from others
- Platforms: You may be able to use your Google, Microsoft, or corporate single-sign on account to create and log into your Cocotec account.
Information collected when you use our services
- Device information: We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific settings and characteristics, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser;
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on).
- Location (up to country level): We can identify the country you are located based on your IP address.
If the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to fully provide you with all our services.
4. What cookies and similar technologies does Cocotec use?
Please see our Cookie Notice for more information on why we use them and how you can better control their use, through your browser settings and other tools.
5. What does Cocotec use my personal information for?
To provide the service
- Creating and managing your account;
- Customer support; and
- Communicating with you about our services.
To send you relevant offers, products and services information
From time to time we may contact you with details of new products, services or offers we provide. In that case, we will request your consent and we will include an unsubscribe link in all our email communications, which removes you from receiving further communications. You will be then notified that your un-subscription was successful.
To improve our services
Conduct research and analysis of users’ behaviour to improve our services and content.
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
We perform personal information analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities and retain personal information related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrence and to validate the product is used by you in accordance with your license.
To ensure legal compliance
And to comply with legal requirements, assist law enforcement and enforce or exercise our rights.
6. What legal basis does Cocotec rely on to process my personal information?
To provide our service/perform our contract
We process your personal information to perform the contract that you have with us or to take steps prior entering into a contract with you. For example, the provision of our services which also includes customer service.
We may use your personal information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we analyse users’ behaviour to improve our services and content, for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
In some cases, applicable laws may require us to process certain information about you.
We may ask for your consent to use your personal information for certain specific reasons. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
7. Who does Cocotec share your information with and why?
With our service providers
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including personal information hosting and maintenance, analytics, and customer service.
We may also provide aggregated (anonymised) information to third parties. A list of these third parties is available on request.
In corporate transactions
We may transfer your personal information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
With your consent or at your request
We may ask for your consent to share your personal information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
8. How does Cocotec send information outside of my country?
When we send your personal information outside of your country, we have in place adequate safeguards to do so. This includes EU standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to permit personal information transfers from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to other countries.
9. What are my privacy rights?
In certain circumstances, if you are an EEA resident, you may exercise the rights available to you under applicable data protection laws as follows:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information when such processing is based on legitimate interests, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
We respond to all requests we receive from users in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer the above requests. In some cases, we may reject requests for certain reasons (for example, if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user).
10. How does Cocotec protect my personal information?
We have implemented, and will maintain current, reasonable physical, technical, and organizational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have security measures in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. How long does Cocotec retain my personal information?
Your personal information will be stored in accordance with applicable laws and kept for as long as needed to carry out the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise required by applicable law.
12. Can this Privacy Notice change?
This Privacy Notice may be amended from time to time. We will post any changes we may make on this page and, where appropriate, notify you via e-mail. When amendments are made, we will update the "last updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice.
13. How can I contact Cocotec?
If you have questions regarding your privacy and rights, please let us know how we can help:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Building 2, Guildford Business Park Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 8XG, UK